Data security in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud
Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud™ (PDC) is built on Pega Platform™ and resides in a dedicated private cloud in Pega Cloud Services. Customers have access only to their system data, based on their unique URL, and cannot see other customers' information or data.
PDC maintains the security of your data in the following ways:
- The flow of information between your monitored application and PDC is one-way. Pega Platform pushes data to PDC, but PDC does not access any systems.
- To encrypt all communication with PDC, the data passes through a SOAP protocol over HTTPS.
- PDC does not collect personally-identifiable information (PII), with an exception of user IDs. For further security, you can choose to encrypt operator IDs. For more information, see Encrypting operator IDs in PDC.
- Pega Platform removes all clipboard parameters before sending data to PDC, except for the parameters that are explicitly listed as safe. You can customize this list to meet your specific needs. Additionally, PDC removes sensitive data that the application might accidentally include.
- If you configure the monitored system to include SQL bind variables in SQL-related alerts, then the alert log might contain these variables. To increase privacy, PDC does not accept the bind variables, and replaces them with question marks.
- If you have exceptionally high security requirements, you can suppress all parameter pages in alerts. However, this approach decreases the quality of advice that PDC provides.
For more information about the types of data that PDC receives and processes, see Data collected by PDC.