Robotic Processing Automation (RPA) Service
Pega® Robotic Automation includes a scheduling service that you use to schedule Robotic Processing Automation (RPA) sessions. Use the Pega RPA Service to perform the following tasks:
- Provide a connection between the robot and Robot Manager. This allows you to start robots from Pega Robot Manager manually or by using a schedule, and terminate robots that are not behaving as expected.
- Create a Windows session and log in a robot.
- Schedule a robot when not connected to Pega Robot Manager by using a scheduling file.
To specify the login information to use to identify the Windows system user when starting the virtual machine, use the Pega Robotic Automation Credentials Manager utility. The Pega RPA Service only works under the following scenarios:
- You are logged in as the user that you specified in the Credentials Manager.
- No users are logged in.
Before you can use the Pega RPA Service, complete the following tasks:
- Installing the Pega RPA Service
- Enabling the Pega RPA Service to simulate a Secure Attention Sequence
- Configuring Pega Robot Runtime:
- For Robotic Automation 19.1 and later, see Configuring Robot Runtime and Robot Manager in RPA implementations.
- For Robotic Automation 8.0 SP1 2019 and later, see Configuring Robotic Automation Runtime and Robot Manager 6 in RPA implementations. For best results, upgrade to version 8.0 SP1 2025 or later.
- For Robotic Automation 8.0 SP1 2018 and earlier, see Configuring Robotic Automation Runtime in RPA implementations.
- Scheduling when a RPA robot runs