Converting a list report to a summarized report
Analyze the numerical data to discover the number of particular events in the application by converting the list report to a summarized report. For example, you can summarize the total number of user identities in the application.
Run the report that you want to update.
For more information, see Running a report.
In the upper-right corner, click Edit report.
In the Summarize and Sort section, in the Summarize list, select one of the following methods to summarize the values of each column.
- To remove the column from the report, select Do not include.
- To group the summarized values by the values in a column, select GROUP BY.
- To display the number of rows in the column for each group, select COUNT.
- To display the number of unique values in the column for each group, select COUNT DISTINCT.
- To display the highest value in each group, select MAX.
- To display the lowest value in each group, select
MIN.You can select one option for each column.
In the Sort list, select one of the following methods to sort the values of each column.
- To display the values in ascending order, select Lowest to highest.
- To display the values in descending order, select Highest to lowest.
- To leave the order without changes, select No sorting.
To add a column displaying rows count, select the Include a column of row counts check box.
To expand all group sections when you open the report in the Report Viewer, select the Expand all group sections by default in initial display check box.
To exclude the group headings from the report results, select the Do not display group headings check box.
Convert the list report by clicking Apply changes.
- Converting a summarized report to a list report
Make the report more readable to facilitate the data analysis by displaying the summarized columns in the form of a list.
- Editing a report
You can modify a report to change the way the report displays information, or filter the data for different audiences by using the Report Editor.
- Report results
After a report runs, the results display in the Report Viewer. The Report Viewer shows the title of the report, and the date and time when the results were generated. The Report Viewer also provides options for working with the results.