Use Access Manager to view and determine what authorization operators have for accessing case types, data, and tools in an application.
Access Manager allows you view and edit authorizations for users in an access group, or for all access groups of the current operator. You can display all flows and flow actions defined for each case type in the selected application or applications. Access Manager can alert you to areas in your business processes that need tighter restrictions.
To use Access Manager, you must be logged in as an operator associated with an access group containing the PegaRULES:SecurityAdministrator or PegaRULES:BasicSecurityAdministrator role.
The following tabs are available on the Access Manager landing page. Clickand then click one of the following:
- Work & Process – On the Work & Process tab, you can see and manage the authorization in access groups for case types, process flows, flow actions, and the actions that users can perform on them.
- Tools – On the Tools tab, you can see and manage the authorization in access groups to access built-in and custom application tools.
- Privileges – On the Privileges tab, you can create and manage privilege-based authorization for case and data types.
The Access Manager indicates the type of authorization for an item:
- Green check mark icon – Indicates permission is granted.
- Red X icon – Indicates permission is denied.
- Yellow circle icon – Indicates a run-time decision that is based on the logic in an access when rule.
- Configuring case type access
The Access Manager Work & Process tab provides information about the authorizations to operations in the application that users have, based on case types (work classes) in the application. Use Access Manager to configure the actions that access groups can do with case types.
- Configuring tools access
The Access Manager Tools tab provides information about the authorizations that users have to the tools you can secure in your application. Use Access Manager to configure the actions that access groups can do with tools.
- Granting privileges to an access role
On the Privileges tab of the Access Manager landing page, you can create, review, and modify privileges for users with different roles to access specific objects of a case and data types.