Creating operator IDs
When you create an operator ID in Pega Platform, you set up a unique account so that a user can access the system. By creating an operator ID you can set the identifying information of the user, define their access rights, and configure password settings. You can also add additional details, such as their skills, to ensure that work is routed to the user based on their capabilities.
In the header of Dev Studio, click.
In the Short description field, enter the full name of the new operator.
The value you enter populates the Full name field on the following screen.
In the Operator ID field, enter a unique identifier.
When you enter the identifier, consider the following guidelines:
- In addition to letters and digits, the identifier can include the following characters: period (.), single quote ('), tilde (~), underscore (_), exclamation point (!), ampersand (&), octothorpe (#) and no more than one @ character. Avoid using forward slash (/) or backslash (\) characters in the identifier.
- As a best practice, use the organization name as a suffix in operator IDs.
- An operator ID can be up to 65 characters long.
- Special processing applies to any user identifier that starts with the word External . Use such identifiers only to define external operators, those who use directed Web access for one-time processing of assignments.
- Avoid using system as an operator ID name, which is reserved as it refers to agents.
Click Create and open.The operator rule form is displayed, where you can continue adding information about the user. For example, you can configure access settings, or provide organizational information.
- Define an access group and contact information for the operator. For more information, see Fields for operator contact information and application access.
- Define organizational information for the operator. For more information, see Fields for operator teams, work queues, and schedules.
- Define a password for the operator. For more information, see Access When form — Advanced tab.
- Adding an operator by using the organizational chart
You can create operator ID data instances for a selected organization by using the Organizational Chart tab on the Organization landing page.
- Directed Web Access
- Learning about operators
An operator defines a unique identifier, password, preferences, and personal information for a user. Create operators so that people and processes can access your application.