Node types for on-premises environments
Pega Platform provides a set of node types which you can assign to a node in your system. You can associate these node types with resources in order to optimize performance.
Pega-provided node types
You can use the following Pega-provided node types to segregate work in your Pega application:
- BackgroundProcessing - Performs background utility processing
- BIX - Performs Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) data extractions for clients with BIX subscriptions
- Search - Performs search indexing using Elasticsearch
- Stream - Performs Kafka-based stream processing for Queue Processors in any Pega application, as well as for Pega Marketing and Pega DSM subscriptions
- WebUser - Performs web application processing
- Universal - Performs processing for all of the Job
Schedulers, Queue Processors, agents, and listeners on these nodes. As a
best practice, avoid using the Universal node type in a production
Additional node type considerations:
- RunOnAllNodes - This is not a node type you can start a node with, however you can associate this node type option with a work resource when you want it to run on all the node types.
- If you do not assign a node type to a node, Pega Platform, by default, associates the node with four Pega-provided node types: "BackgroundProcessing,Search,Stream,WebUser".
Decision Strategy Manager node types
In Pega Decision Strategy Manager (DSM), you can use the following Pega-provided node types to further segregate DSM-related work in your Pega application:
- ADM - Runs the Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) service
- Batch - Runs DSM background processes
- DDS - Runs the Decision Data Store (DDS) service for Cassandra-related data processing
- RealTime - Runs realtime processes such as processing user requests in the context of DSM
- RTDG - Runs the Real Time Data Grid (RTDG) service