Deploying a highly available system
Use this checklist to track major decisions when creating a new high availability system on Pega Platform ™.
- Understand your production requirements
- Define the service level agreement for the production system.
- Perform capacity planning to understand computational requirements necessary to meet the required service level agreement.
- Review the information at Understanding high availability.
- Deploy the physical architecture
- Install Pega Platform in a split-schema configuration
- See your Pega Platform Installation Guide.
- Configure the load balancer
- Create load balanced clusters.
- Confirm load balancer operation.
- Configure the Pega Platform cluster management.
- Configure crash recovery.
- Build applications or migrate existing applications
- Perform smoke testing
- Test system management with a rolling upgrade.
- Test crash recovery.
- Test upgrading an application or framework.