Setting up the Constellation service in Pega Platform
Prepare Pega Platform and your application for the new run-time framework that offers an updated set of UI capabilities. In the 8.6 release, you can build new applications with Cosmos React, or decide to use Theme Cosmos for a section-based architecture with updated landing pages and tables.
In both scenarios, you need the Constellation service to support the React-based UI elements. However, your system might already include Constellation:
- If you use Pega Cloud Services or a client-managed cloud environment to host Pega Platform, the Constellation engine is already part of your development environment, and you only need to enable it for your applications.
- If you run an on-premises system that you implemented through Helm for Kubernetes, a single multitenant Constellation instance is installed automatically for each Pega Infinity environment.
- If you are an internal Pega user.
- In Pega Cloud 2.17, the HIPAA template does not support Cosmos React
- Some browsers might not support React components. For more information about browser compatibility, see Pega Platform Client Operating System and Browser Support.
For on-premises systems where Constellation was not installed with Pega Platform, complete the manual installation:
Pega Infinity must use a secure HTTPS protocol to support Constellation.
- To install the Constellation package by using Docker, see Installing Constellation by using Docker.
- To install the Constellation package by using Helm for Kubernetes, see Installing Constellation by using Helm for Kubernetes.
Configure DSS and REST API settings for Constellation.You do not have to configure Pega Platform for Constellation if you use Pega Cloud. In Pega Cloud, the system configures automatically during deployment.For more information, see Configuring Pega Platform for Constellation.
Ensure that your application uses an app alias.For more information, see Adding an application URL alias.
For Theme Cosmos use, ensure that your application uses either the UI Kit theme or theme Cosmos.App Studio does not support Theme Cosmos portals in applications that do not use the UI Kit or theme Cosmos. For more information, see Pega Design Systems.
Enable the Constellation engine:
For Safari users in Pega Cloud, in the Privacy menu of your browser, enable cross-site tracking.In Pega Cloud, the Constellation engine operates as a regional service that uses cross-domain URLs. Safari blocks cross-domain cookies by default. If you do not enable cross-domain cookies, the interface cannot display images in the UI.