Web Chatbot is a feature in Pega Customer Service that allows customers to type their questions or requests into a chat window that is accessible from a customer-facing web page, and get answers and guidance from an Intelligent Virtual Assistant.
The Intelligent Virtual Assistant can assist customers with both simple and complex requests. Simple questions can be addressed through pre-built responses and by directing the customer to helpful knowledge articles. The customer can also use this capability to initiate and complete service cases, which historically would have required a human customer service representative’s assistance.
In situations where customers cannot self-serve, it is possible to escalate the interaction through Pega Chat. In this case, the transcript of the interaction and any partially completed service cases are transferred to an available customer service representative, removing the need for customers to have to repeat information that they have already shared.
Before you start configuring your Web Chatbot, you must first complete the following setup tasks:
- Enabling the Web Chatbot on your application
- Optional: Manage Web Chatbot operators and access groups
- Configuring a Pega Chat server for Web Chatbot
You can deploy the Web Chatbot on any website. To configure Web Chatbot, complete the following tasks:
- Configure the Web Chatbot channel
- Configure the Web Chatbot widget
- Deploy the Web Chatbot on your website
You can use Web Chatbot to interact with Pega Customer Service to open a case or to send automated responses to the customers. To use this functionality, you need to perform several configuration steps for the conversational user channel.
- Configuring the Web Chatbot system responses
- Adding Web Chatbot cases
- Adding Web Chatbot custom responses
- Configuring Web Chatbot text analyzer definitions
- Setting up the Web Chatbot channel in Pega Customer Service
Use the Web Chatbot configuration portal to configure distinct advisors based on your business requirements.
After you configure the Web Chatbot based on your business requirements, you must deploy the feature on a supported web server that you choose to host. See Deploying Web Chatbot.