New features for system administration provide your system operation staff with more options for managing your system and data in Pega Platform™. Enhancements for updating applications, managing background processes, upgrading, rolling back changes, and more, increase your administrative power and save administration time.
For example, queue processor and job schedulers now have an alert threshold. When the activity runs longer than the threshold value, Pega Platform™ saves an alert in the performance alert log. You can then analyze the alert message to identify potential performance issues with the activity.
System administration includes the following enhancements:
- Automatically update dependent applications to be built on the latest application versions in an archive (8.5)
- Identify performance issues with queue processor and job scheduler activities (8.5)
- Limit upgrade downtime with data schema upgrade improvements (8.5)
- Expand your use of Admin Studio (8.4)
- Roll back changes by application or user (8.4)
- Expand your use of Admin Studio (8.3)
- Manage batch indexing easily (8.3)
- Include multiple mashups on a single page (8.3)
- Increase performance for work ID generation (8.3)
- Automate context management for background processes (8.3)
- Add CyberArk password vault support for your database for IBM WebSphere environments (8.3)
- Control the locking and retry mechanisms of background processes (8.3)
- Use reports database to obtain data automatically in reports (8.3)
- Use updated versions with expanded server platform support (8.1)
- Eliminate manual tasks with the improved import experience (8.1)
- Improve system administration and troubleshooting with Pega APIs (8.1)
Looking for our 8.4 videos? Visit our What's New video library.
Visit www.pega.com to learn more about Pega Infinity™.
Visit What's New in Pega Platform to discover all the exciting new features in this release.