Error occurs when sending an email
Error occurs when sending an email.
1. Test connectivity is successful with below host and port and 'Email/DisableSecuritySTARTTLS' DSS is set to true.
Port: 587 and 25
Exception: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first
2. Test connectivity throws below exception when the port is 465 and 'Email/DisableSecuritySTARTTLS' DSS set to false.
Exception: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP
Steps to Reproduce
Configure an email account for the Gmail provider with an SMTP host.
Only SSL port works for SMTP host (smtp.gmail.com). The Gmail provider has restricted this.
1. A different Gmail host is available to send emails which works without SSL.
Ports supported: 25 and 587
2. The errors are the same when the user connects the Gmail SMTP host (smtp.gmail.com) from a standalone Java code and when the user connects from Pega to Gmail SMTP host expecting SSL connectivity while sending the email.
Perform the steps to work with SMTP host. Use the Gmail SSL port 465 to connect using SSL.
- Specify the Keystore and Certificate Alias for Gmail.
- Check the SMTPS option. Test the Connectivity.