'Control inherited from property' is not working
Summary'Control inherited from property' control is not working while filtering in Pega 7.x.
For one of the properties in a section that been configured to use 'control inherited from property', filtering shows unobfuscated values while if the same property is configured to use the control directly, filtering again shows the obfuscated value.
Note: The Out of the Box (OOTB) pxObfuscated control was not used. A custom version based on the out of the box version was used.
Same card number property or a new property dropped again while in Pega 7 shows unobfuscated values while filtering.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a property, for example pxtest in pre-PEGA 7.x.
- Define a control, based on OOTB pxObfuscated) on the newly created property pxtext
- Create a section with grid layout and referred the property in the section with 'control inherit from property' control.
- System renders the property in the filter of the pxtest column according to the control defined in the property.
- Repeat the above steps in Pega 7.x either for a new property or the same property again does not show obfuscated values correctly while filtering.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
While generating the markup for the column, the parameter value pair for 'pyShowFilterUIBy' is not populated correctly.
This is how the markup should look. .appendString(" bSortable = 'true' sortField = '.SSN' pyShowFilterUIBy = 'value' bformattedControl ='true' style='");
whereas this is how it is right now .appendString(" bSortable = 'true' sortField = '.SSN' pyShowFilterUIBy = '' bformattedControl ='true' style='");
ResolutionPerform the following local change:
Instead of using 'control inherited from property', specify and use the control (based on pxObfuscated) directly on the property when referenced on the section.
Published March 12, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020