WorkUnlock activity does not work for multi-node systems
WorkUnlock activity does not work for multi-node systems in PRPC 6.3 SP1. Unable to release the locks held by another requestor with the same Operator ID.
Unable to unlock Work Object
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to Node 1 as User A.
- Open the assignment associated with a work object, W-1.
- Close the Internet Explorer browser. Do not click Log Off.
- Relog in as User A through another node, Node 2.
- Open the assignment for W-1. The out-of-the-box message, 'W-1 is currently being modified by Operator’ displays. Two buttons, Review and ‘End other session to release lock’ display.
- Click the 'End other session' button. The system displays the error message.
Before PRPC 6.3, the requestor could force the release of locks held by another requestor with the same Operator ID.
In PRPC 6.3, the user cannot force the release of a single lock held by another requestor with the same Operator ID. User can only request that a requestor terminate the session to release all the locks held.
Perform the following local-change:
Add the below Dynamic System Setting (DSS) to the prconfig.xml file:
<env name="database/lockcache/enabled" value="false"/>
The setting reverts to the previous Locking mechanism and locks are preserved in the database instead of the cache.