Quick configuration with App Studio
About the Build Phase
So how will you build your application? The answer is to use Pega platform tools. Pega is a model‑driven, low‑code platform that both professionals and citizen developers can use to configure applications. On the platform, there are many configuration tools available:
- The App Studio experience is one of simplicity that guides the citizen developer to use best practices and leverage the latest out of the box capabilities.
- Dev Studio is used by professionals to configure custom capabilities and strategic applications.
- NBA Designer sits within our Customer Decision Hub™ and enables you to monitor, design and control your one-to-one marketing strategies from a single interface.
You should use configuration tools as much as possible; it is built for speed, quality, and upgrade‑ease. It supports real‑time collaboration between the business and system architects. But what about managing the data, project management, and UX?
- Pega’s Integration Designer enables you to create a visual map of the other systems and data you will integrate with, where the data is sourced from, and gives you the ability to easily create data views. Data is defined in a single place.
- Agile Workbench makes it easier for teams to collaborate; sharing feedback directly in the platform using screenshots, annotations, and video capture.
- The Cosmos design system provides a seamless user experience with reusable UI components that enrich the look and feel of the application.
This section contains methods and tools to help you follow best practices when building your application. You will have a good starting point; 2 sprints worth of user stories elaborated to the Definition of Ready and a Stages & Steps model, both defined during Prepare.
Activities to do during Build
• Plan sprints and execute Scrum ceremonies
• Configure user stories
• Manual and automated testing
• Implement a DevOps pipeline
• Ready user stories for future sprints (DCO)
• Harden the application
Other Pega Express™ Delivery Phases
DESIGN THINKING FOR FANTASTIC EXPERIENCES
Describes how to understand your desired business outcomes, prioritize which Microjourney(s)™ to deliver first, and get ready for a project to start.
SETTING UP FOR SUCCESS
Describes day to day tasks during the first weeks of the project as you fully define and design your Minimum Loveable Product release.
GO LIVE & ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Describes preparing the business, going live, measuring outcomes and planning your next MLP.