'Bad defined-on class: Pega-Clipboard' hotfix installation error
When the user installs a hotfix DL archive that contains (HFix-7230 and HFix-7895) in a PRPC 63SP1 system which doesn't have HFix-7895 already installed
, the installation is unsuccessful.
Error MessagesA generic exception was encountered :Attempting to access a rule with a bad defined-on class: Pega-Clipboard. problem encountered when opening instance RULE-OBJ-PROPERTY PEGA-CLIPBOARD PYHASMESSAGE #20130507T153708.364 GMT by hanle
Steps to ReproduceTry installing a DL that contains (HFix-7230 and HFix-7895) in a system which doesn't have HFix-7895 already installed.
HFix-7895 was originally created as a replacement for HFix-7230, however the DL install mechanism just doesn't push the hotfix on the system as expected, resulting in the reported error.
Extract the HFIX Jar file from the DL zip archive file, then:
- Navigate to PegaButton > Application Distribution > Import
- Import the Hfix-7895.jar It should move 1 file (Pega-Clipboard class) This install method, just pushes on the rules that were missing.
- Open up SMA (System/Tools/System Managament Application)
- Select the Node
- Expand Advanced
- Click on Conclusion cache
- Clear Conclusion Cache in Memory and Clear Conclusion Cache in Database (press the first button, wait for it to finish, then press the other)
The problem is that these rules were installed without their “class”, thus the server can’t really see them. Once that is in the conclusion cache, adding the class won’t help unless you clear that out, so now the references will be corrected.
Published January 19, 2017 - Updated January 23, 2017