Batch decisioning agent is not running on any nodes Error
On System Health Landing page in the Pega Marketing application, user is getting an error "Batch decisioning agent is not running on any system nodes".
User has enabled the Agent Schedule as per documentation in PegaMarketing_UserGuide_v7.13, page 374; however user could not find this Agent running in System Management Application (SMA).
Also, in Decisioning topology its appearing as Agent unavailable, and no error appear in logs.
"Batch decisioning agent is not running on any of the system nodes" in the Pega Marketing UI
Steps to Reproduce
Navigate to Configuration > Settings> System health.
PegaNBAM-Artifacts ruleset was not mapped to the custom application which was built-on Pega Marketing. Due to this misconfiguration, user was not able to see the PegaNBAM-Artifacts under Agents for BatchProcessJob
In case user was using the extended application which is built-on Pega Marketing application, then user must perform the following changes:
Using a Custom Artifacts Ruleset:
The out-of-the-box Pega Marketing application (PegaMarketing) includes a ruleset for storing artifacts (PegaNBAM-Artifacts).
This ruleset also contains the Agents rule for batch strategy execution. If a different ruleset needs to be used to store artifacts, perform the following steps:
1. Map the PegaNBAM-Artifacts ruleset to the custom application which is built on Pega Marketing application
2. Stop the PegaNBAM-Artifacts agent via System Management Application (SMA).
3. In Records Explorer, navigate to SysAdmin > Agents.
4. In the instance list, find and open the PegaNBAM-Artifacts entry.
5. Use the Save as button to copy the Agents rule into the custom artifacts ruleset.
6. If partitioning is enabled in users application, enable the ProcessBatchJob agent in the newly created Agents rule for the custom artifacts ruleset. This can be done by either updating the Agents rule directly or by updating the generated Agent Schedule instance(s) for users node(s).
The Section “Using a Custom Artifacts Ruleset” (Page no. 365) in the Pega Marketing user guide provides more details in this regard.
The newly added ProcessBatchJob agent should be visible in the SMA under the custom artifacts ruleset after the master agent update is triggered happening at 10 minutes interval.