Bulk Processing Email Notification Shows Incorrect WOCount
When user transfer 2 or more assignments using Bulk Processing with "Run in Background" option enabled, they receive an email notification with the number of assignments processed after the processing completes. However the count in the mail is always 1 lesser than the number of assignment transferred. Further, if they just transfer 1 assignment - the count is 0 and we receive no email.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Go to Case Manager portal
2. Click Bulk Actions
3. Transfer 2 or more assignments from one operator to another
4. Select "Run in Background" option in Bulk Processing
5. Notice that one of the items is always processed immediately and shown as Transferred, the rest are shown as queued.
6. The email notification shows an incorrect count of assignments processed
The root cause of this problem is a defect in Pegasystems’ code/rules. When we transfer or process dozens or hundreds of assignments , it may be preferable to perform this processing in background, and be notified with an email message when the processing is complete. The Pega-ProCom agent includes an activity that provides such processing. However, the email notification shows incorrect count of the number of processed assignments:
1. transfer just 1 WO and no email is received.
2. transfer 2 or more WO and "(No of WO transferred) - 1" assignments are transferred. Looks like only the Queued items are considered by bulk processing.
Bulkprocessing sees system variable "BPUnitsToProcessForeground" to get the number of processes to be run in foreground.
This System Setting is, by default, set to 1. Ideally if this variable is set to 0 then we should not see any items in foreground,
This issue has already been addressed in Maintenance Level (ML) release 7 (7.1.7).
0% found this useful