Buttons and links are enabled in Readonly section
When Section is configured to be readonly, the records of the repeat grid in that section become editable.
The readonly records become editable upon saving the work object and opening the same work object again.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create new section and use repeating grid with details in expand row.
2. Use “pxIsEditable” OOTB when rule to disable grid action buttons and detail flow action buttons.
3. Create another new section and refer section in read only mode.
4. Refer this read only section in pyCaseInformation Section.
5. Add items to the repeating grid and collapse all rows and save work object.
6. Now expand the details in pyCaseInformation and notice all the links and Buttons enabled and Grid detail flow action is always editable.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
In the configuration, same grid is used in two places with two different modes (Editable, Read only) for the same screen.
When the grid is editable, in Pega, user is maintaining a separate thread background to communicate the data between the server and client and to get other technical advantages to the grid.
For the read only grids, there will not be any threads maintained in the background.
Perform the following local-change:
Remove the section level read only configuration and instead keep a grid layout with read only mode and expandable flow action read only always.
This will give the desired outcome and the standard approach to make grid readonly.
100% found this useful