Custom agent is not processing custom queue items
Custom agent with auto-queue management does not pick the queue items and processing.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a queue item class as System-Queue-XXXX.
- Create an agent, which will process the queue items mentioned in Step 1.
- Create an activity, which will queue items of class System-Queue-XXXX.
- Enable the agent to run.
An issue in the custom application code or rules:A custom queue class was created as System-Queue-XXXX to identify specific queue items and a custom agent was created to process all these queue items. Custom Agent activity is in Application class instead of queue class System-Queue-XXXX. Refer to Pega 7.1.9 Help. Navigate to Reference > Activity methods > Queue-for-Agent section.
Perform the following local-change:
- Include Custom Agent activity in Custom queue class.
- Use Java method and PublicAPI to queue item for agent instead of Queue-for-Agent method.
- Provide Item or Work Page as primary Page for activity step, where Java step is used to queue item for agent.
Published July 15, 2016 - Updated August 5, 2016