Data overwritten when using modal dialog on a repeat grid
With Pega 7.1.5, in certain scenarios, when user adds items to a repeating grid through a modal dialog, the data is incorrectly saved. It overwrites one of the rows and causes duplicates. The clipboard correctly displays the values for each Reference Value, with an updated subscript on each Page in the Page List, which appears to be correct behavior. It seems that the problem occurs on the actual submission or saving of the screen.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a Repeat Grid within a case with row editing set to Master Detail
- Set the display of details to modal dialog (standard)
- Add 2 items in order, using the OOTB "Add Item" button
- Focus on the first item in the list and Create a third item (at this point, the order should look as follows - Item #1, Item #3, Item #2)
- Use the sort to re-order the data
- Select save
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules where an error is thrown in the deleteModalHeader() API, due to which the modal dialog markup is not removed from the UI and stale values in modal markup are submitted on the form.
Published January 31, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.