Duplicate tables display in the new rule and data schema
Pega 7.2.2 is updated to Pega 7.3.1 following the split schema out-of-place upgrade with a database. Post upgrade, duplicate tables display in the new rule and data schema.
Steps to Reproduce
Update to Pega 7.3.1.
A defect or configuration issue in the operating environment
Cleanup was not performed as part of the upgrade.
Perform the following local-change:
During the out-of-place upgrade of a split schema environment, tables are present in the rules and data schema which must be cleaned.
Refer to the 'Cleaning up unused tables' section of the upgrade guide (https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/documents/pega-731-platform-upgrade-guide)
Drop the unused rules tables in the data schema after deploying a split-schema. For only one database, ensure to drop the unused data tables in the rules schema.
- Verify that the user has the correct privileges to view and edit the Optimize Schema landing page. Set these to true:
- Dynamic System Setting (DSS) databases/AutoDBSchemaChanges
For more information, refer to the article, 'How to set privileges to restrict database schema changes generated from Process
- Click Designer Studio > System > Database > Optimize Schema to open the Optimize Schema wizard.
- Select the PegaDATA database.
- Click View the unused tables to display a list of Pega application tables without class mappings. Select the tables that must be deleted.
- Click Proceed with Changes such that the application drops the tables, or drop them manually in the database.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for the PegaRULES database.
- Restart the application.
Published December 25, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.