Edit on Excel In Decision Table cause JS error on IE 8
After installation of HFix-10156, which is to display the button Edit in Excel for decision tables, it was observed that the button did not trigger Excel template.
This happens when the portal is opened on machines running on Windows 7, 64 bit with 32 bit, Internet Explorer 8. The button works on machines that runs on Windows XP.
Object doesn't support this property or method.
pzdecisiontable_12409305488!!.js Line: 711
Code:0 Char: 2.
Steps to Reproduce
- Install HFix-10156 to enable Edit in Excel button in decision tables.
- Open a decision table Internet Explorer 8.
- Click Edit in Excel button.
The root cause of this problem is defect or misconfiguration in the PRPC operating environment. It was found that the machine does not have prOpenAuthoring.ocx.
Upon opening the page, due to security restrictions, the browser add-on was not downloaded and installed.
Perform the following local-change steps:
- Install the ActiveX add-on manually. The add-on are provided in the PRPC zip file under ResourceKit\Utilities\OCXInstaller folder.
- After the installation, note that the add-on should be listed in "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files".
The add-ons will not run when Pega portal is opened on 64 bit Internet Explorer.
Published September 1, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.