Email attachments in rich text format lose formatting
After sending an email from Outlook to PRPC in Rich Text Format (RTF) such that it gets attached to the work object. When you try to download and view the email attachment, all the numbering and bullets are lost. Rest of the formatting looks fine. No issue is observed with emails in HTML format.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Send an email in RTF from Outlook and configure an email listener in such a way that it attaches the email to the assignment .
2. Open the attachment and observe that the format is lost.
When an email, that contains text with bullets and numbering, in RTF is sent from Outlook to PRPC, the email is attached to the work object in .EML format. When downloaded and viewed the .EML file in Outlook, the numbering and bullets are lost. Rest of the formatting is fine. Further observations are:
- When the same EML is viewed in other clients like Thunderbird, the formatting is retained.
- When the same email is sent from outlook to outlook, the formatting is retained.
- No issue is observed when emails are sent in HTML format.
Use HTML format, if mail has internet recipients. Do not use RTF while sending emails outside the organization.