Emails not being sent after removing support for TLS 1.0
Emails are not sent post removal of support for TLS 1.0.
** Caught javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not convert socket to TLS
Steps to Reproduce
A defect or configuration issue in the operating environment.
The TLS version in use for email defaulted to whatever the JVM default is in Pega 7.2.1. For Java 1.7, it is TLS 1.0.
To force a different version of TLS, a local change is necessary for SMTP(S) where the UI for the email account is modified to set the Advanced properties.
- Open and save the pyOutboundSettings section to the ruleset.
- Open the pyInboundSettings section.
- Right click the dynamic layout > pyInboundSettings > Advanced. Copy it.
- In the new pyOutboundSettings, paste the copied layout at the bottom.
- Expand the Advanced grid from the newly pasted layout and edit the cell properties.
- Change the page context from .pyReceiverAdvancedProps to .pySenderAdvancedProps. The UI may display an error, but Submit anyway.
- Save pyOutboundSettings.
- Open or refresh the Email Account rule form. The Advanced section displays. Add the Java mail properties in this section:
Key: MAIL.SMTP.PROTOCOLS (or MAIL.SMTPS.PROTOCOLS)
Value: TLSV1.2 (or any version as required)
0% found this useful