Endless busy indicator when loading Corr rules with tables
Busy indicator displays continuously when loading an email with table content.
Additionally, errors display when the Outlook server processes emails.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of null
Error when the Outlook server processes the emails, 'Uncaught TypeError; Cannot read property ‘indexOf’ of null' error displays.
Steps to Reproduce
- Send an email to an external account from Pega with grids in the Correspondence rule.
- Reply to the email.
- Receive the email in the Pega application and open the email.
- Expand the row (click the Expand icon) to view the email.
The busy indicator which displayed continuously when loading the email with table content was due to a defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules
The busy indicator which displayed when the Outlook server processed emails was due to a markup that was corrupted by the Outlook server when empty values are processed.
In this scenario, the BASE_REF attribute is sent as empty () when the email is sent to the Outlook server.
After the email is processed by Outlook and returned to the Pega application, the empty value is removed and the attribute is jumbled with the next attribute (BASE_REFexpandRL). As a result, Pega parsing of the markup failed.
1. Apply HFix-51331 (for the busy indicator which displays continuously when loading the email).
2. Perform the following local-change to resolve the errors which display when the Outlook server processes emails,
- Identify the activity rule (pyCreateAndManageWorkFromEmail) that feeds the markup back to Pega for further processing of the work object
- Use the replaceAll function call and replace 'BASE_REFexpandRL' markup (which is corrupted) with the 'BASE_REF expandRL' markup (notice the space in between).
Published May 10, 2019 - Updated December 2, 2021
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.