Error on update of deprecated controls
Errors are observed after updating deprecated controls. Application is updated from PRPC 6.2 to Pega 7.1.7.
pyActionArea is used.
This record has 1 Error in 1 place
String value of a cell: pyConsolidatedActionsMenu does not exist for use by this record (Validate).
Steps to Reproduce
1. In PRPC 6.2 SP2, search for OOTB pyActionArea section rule, present in Work- class.
2. Save this rule in your own ruleset.
3. Package this application and import it (as a RAP) to a Pega 7.1.7 environment.
4. Search for pyActionArea section that you saved in your ruleset. Open it and update the deprecated controls. Observe the error.
Issue is due to an unused configuration that is still present in the section XML. Removing the configuration from the XML solves the issue.
Perform the following local-change:
1. Discard the pyActionArea section rule if it is in your checkout.
2. Open property panel of layout-3.
3. Check "Display header and title" check box.
4. Submit property panel.
5. New cells appear in the section.
6. Select the right most cell, which has Menu/Menubar written in it. (You might need to collapse the right pane of the Designer Studio to see this cell.)
7. Click the Delete button to delete the cell.
8. Open property panel of the layout again and clear the previously checked check box.
9. Save the section.
10. Update controls.
11. Save the section.
Published September 23, 2015 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.