Failing to release lock (same user, different requestor)
Users who experience session timeouts attempt to access the work objects again.
When logging into another node with the same operator ID but a different requestor, users are unable to end the other session and unlock the work object.
After pressing Release Lock, the lock is not released. System Pulse is running on all nodes.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log into two nodes using the same operator Id, two requestors pops up.
- Open a case with requestor 1.
- Include requestor 2 to try open the same case.
- Click on release lock after the message a displayed.
- Retry to open the case (that's where user notice that the case is still locked).
By default, PRPC does not handle the case when different requestor from same user is trying to access the work object in a multi-node environment.
Either add below entry in prconfig.xml file of each node:
<env name="database/lockcache/enabled" value="false"/>
Create following Dynamic System Setting:
Owning RuleSet : Pega-Engine
Setting Purpose : prconfig/database/lockcache/enabled/default
Value : false