Field values not localized
In Pega Platform 8.3, the following issues related to field value localization occurs:
- The 'Value cannot be blank' field value is not translated to Chinese despite adding the converted field value to the localized ruleset.
- The 'Select...' placeholder in the Category dropdown of the Data-WorkAttach-File!pzAttachFileBrowseMultiDD_P section, is not translated to Chinese. This occurs despite creating a field value for 'Select..' in the localized ruleset.
Steps to Reproduce
- Drag a text input and configure it as Required.
- Create a field value for 'Value can not be blank' in localized ruleset.
An issue in the custom application code or rules.
Since multiple localized ruleset versions were present, the field value was created in a lower ruleset version. As a result, the correct field value was not retrieved.
Perform the following local-change: Issue 1:
- Create the field values in Highest localized ruleset version.
- Add the below script in the UserWorkForm.
var required_requiredMsgStr = "<pega:lookup property='pyWorkPage.pyMessageLabel' value='Value cannot be blank' mode='literal' />";
- Create a field value for 'Select..' for the pyCaption property type in the Data-WorkAttach ruleset.
- Save the field value in the highest ruleset version.
0% found this useful