File listener is unable to move files
File listener is unable to move files, during processing, from a source location to a completed folder.
Steps to Reproduce
- Place a file in the source location.
- Open the file manually and acquire the lock from the Operating System level.
The File Listener processed files in the source location. After processing, the file moved to either the Completed or the Work subdirectory depending on the File Listener configuration and whether the file processed correctly. During processing, the file is read and processed multiple times if it was opened by the Operating System (specifically Linux). However, it cannot be moved until the Operating system released the lock.
For more information, refer to: https://pdn.pega.com/sites/pdn.pega.com/files/help_v722/procomhelpmain.htm#data-/data-admin-/data-admin-connect-/data-admin-connect-filelistener/related.htm
Perform the following local-change when copying files to these directories:
- Do not open a file while it is being processed.
- Do not copy a new file over an old file while it is being processed.
- Use a different file name every time (for example, append a time stamp to the file name before copying it).
Published July 26, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.