Filtering on nodes inside the treeGrid is not including children
User reported that a tree grid with multi-level hierarchy cannot be sorted on sublevels.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a tree grid(parent child hierarchy), sourcing embedded property.
2. Check the Allow filtering check box in operations tab of Tree Grid.
3. Observe that at run time child nodes are not filtered out.
This issue was handled as an explanation given by product management team that for now this request cannot be considered as enhancement request.
Explanation Provided:Here's the explanation for the issue:
- The primary data of the tree grid is the top level entry. The tree grid provides an easy way of drilling down into data when needed.
- Showing results(filtering in child nodes), can be confusing UX for the user.
Sample Case : A top level item(child item being collapsed) showing even when it does not match the filter criteria just because a child element some levels deep matching the criteria.
Published August 29, 2017 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.