Filters selected on Author column ignored in Bulk processing
On the Content page, the Author column is filtered to display cases created by specific users. All the cases are selected using the Select All checkbox. When Bulk processing is used to update the status to Resolved-Archived, all the cases in the original list are archived instead of only those cases in the filtered list.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a few articles with at least two different users as Authors.
- Use All Statuses in the dropdown to display all articles.
- Use a filter on the Author column to display only those articles created by specific users.
- Select all the articles using the Select All checkbox.
- Use Bulk processing to update the status to Resolved-Archived. All the articles created in Step 1 are Resolved-Archived instead of only those articles selected in Step 4.
The filters on the report definition affect only the User Interface (UI). The Select All feature works directly on the database and ignores any UI filters that are used.
Perform the following local-change:
The D_ExportContentList data page which sources the grid, is sourced from the KMFetchContentFromDB activity. In this activity, a parameter is present for the operator which is currently passed as a blank. This is observed by clicking the 'Parameters' keyword on the data page.
- Add a dropdown in the UI containing operators.
- Set a property in the Display harness for the selected operator.
- Pass this property as the Operator parameter to the KMFetchContentFromDB activity.
- Make the onChange action set for the dropdown such that it is similar to the out-of-the-box filter.
0% found this useful