Grid filter performance issue in IE
Grid filter performance issue occurs when 1000+ records in grid. When user apply grid filter to sort grid records browser just hangs.
No error message.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Create a Repeat Grid and configure it to load 1000+ unique records.
2) Run the Repeat Grid and click on filter option of column having unique values.
A third-party product issue: The behavior is specific to Internet Explorer only. It is the browser behavior that it is not able to loop through the list of rows in the grid to fetch the results in the given time and hence it is giving that message. It is a performance issue of the Internet Explorer browser and there is no scope to optimize the grid component code to perform better in the Internet Explorer.
Perform the following local-change:
1) Open the grid design time configuration and click on the dot of the column as shown in below screen print.
2) Open properties of the column as shown below
3) Change the filtering configuration option from "Auto" to "Range/Search" as shown below.
4) Select the value.