Grid row expand clears page error messages
A grid is configured with an icon on its row to "Edit Item" action. When required fields are not filled in the grid and submitted, error messages must be thrown. However on clicking the icon inside the grid, the page error messages are cleared.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a flow action FA_1.
2. Refer a section with a grid layout that has "Expand mode" and uses another flow action (FA_2) to display grid.
3. In FA_2, include a section with a row repeat layout or a general layout with Fields A and B.
4. On the FA_1, refer a validate rule that to display "required" field for the values of Fields A and B inside the grid under FA_2.
5. Submit the flow action FA_1. The page messages are appropriately shown now.
6. Expand a grid row page, and observe the messages cleared off.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules:
@baseclass.ProcessAction activity in Pega-UIEngine clears off page messages.
1. Apply HFix-27668.
2. Perform the following local-change in UserWorkForm:
pega.u.d.KeepPageMessages = true;
Published May 27, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.