Height of rows in repeating grid cannot be modified
In a repeating grid, the user configured in-line section and text inputs in the row field. Inline sections include dropdowns and label with visibility conditions.
The user issue is:
1. After configuring inline sections in the rows of a repeat grid, height of rows in repeat grid is more than expected and cannot be changed
2. Alignment for dropdown (from inline section) and text inputs is not proper.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Repeating grid.
- In the row of it, drag a section to the first column.
- Rest of the columns have Text inputs.
- In the section, have dropdowns in dynamic layout.
The height of the row is defined to have some specific height and it cannot be reduced as 'word wrap' is not defined for all of the columns.
Let's say the grid has 10 columns and height is defined for every column differently. Then, whichever column has the max height defined, the table row takes that max height into effect and applies to all columns to display uniquely. This is grid feature.
Perform the following local-change for changing row height:
- If word wrap is defined for columns, remove it for all the columns.
- Change the height of the entire row by clicking on the dot symbol of that particular row, open properties and set height.
Perform the following local-change for alignment:
- In the included section, changed the dynamic layout to “Inline middle” from Presentation tab.
- To align the dropdown exactly in the middle of the cell, in pyEndUser71 skin, select “Apply margin to all sides” checkbox for dynamic layout -> Inline middle.
Published May 21, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.