Incorrect modal dialog screen size in Firefox
SummaryUser is on
Sales Force Automation (SFA) 7.14 on top of Pega 7.1.8.
When displaying a flow in a modal dialog, Firefox browser has issues to calculate the correct screen size of the modal dialog, particularly when sections are displayed in read-only mode. Internet Exploer and Chrome browsers do not have these issues.
The dialog is too small, particularly the width is too small when using Firefox browser.
No error message on screen.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a button or a similar screen control.
- Configure "Flow in Modal Dialog" in the Actions Tab of this control. Use any flow that displays flow actions in read-only mode.
- Do not overwrite the template.
Now run it in Firefox browser. When there is click on the button, a modal dialog window will appear but it will be too small.
In this issue, on modal dialog, the width and height are set to auto. When auto is set, modal dialog's height and width get adjusted to accommodate the width and height of its elements.
This calculation varies to certain browsers. Hence what you see is an expected issue as this is related to browser's behavior
Following local change resolves the issue:
1.Open skin rule and choose Modal dialogs under component styles.
2. Click the Style format Standard and select the window size as Flexible.
3. Set an appropriate height and width for the Modal Dialog Window as below:
One can also create a new style if there is no wish to change the OOTB format “Standard.
4.While launching the modal dialog(in launch local action) there is an option to choose the modal format.
5. Choose modal format as Standard or if you are using a new style choose the modal format as other and mention the new style.
Published September 8, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020