Institutinalize an Ad Hoc case does not generate defined tasks
When an Ad-Hoc case is configured for reuse, only the case structure is copied to a case type and nothing based on any tasks that have been added to the case is configured in the new case.
Steps to Reproduce
Steps to reproduce:
1. Goto Case Manager Portal.
2. Click My Cases
3. In the top area enter a text in the text box marked 'Type here to create a case' and click 'Quick Create'
4. Double Click on the new case created from the list of cases
5. Click the Ad Hoc Case Dashboard link. Select 'Add Tasks'
6. Enter some tasks to the case.
7. Close the case
8. From My Cases right click the case and select "Configure For Reuse"
9. Finish the dialog and submit.
10. Go back to Designer Studio and locate and run the institutionalized case.
The case will NOT resemble anything from the original Ad Hoc case
The functionality to configure an Ad Hoc case for reuse is intended to copy the case structure to the application and not configuration based on tasks. So if for example you have a multi-level parent / child case structure this will be copied to a case structure which can then be developed into a permanent case type.
The system creates what only the rulese as stated in the help (case type, starter flow, work parties, and activity rules) to give a base for developing a new case type.
Published June 12, 2015 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.