Layout visibility condition based on expression does not working
User reported that visibility conditions does not working properly under following scenario:
- When we give a value starting with zero in quotes e.g. .tansactionstatuscd==’014'. [Note: If we remove single quotes or remove the zero, then the rule evaluates to true.]
- Expression "(.Check==12) && (.MyBoolean==true)" with "Run visibility condition on client" checked.
Error (On Screen Preview) : Section 'DataField' execution error on page 'pyTempWorkPage' of class 'When-WhenTest-Work-WhenTest'. : The reference 12) is not valid. Reason: invalid property name: '12)'.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a Section.
2. Give the visibility condition by choosing visibility field as Condition (expression), and give some condition like .PropertyName=="XXX". and run preview the Section.
3. Expected result layout should display as the condition is true.
4. Actual result layout does not displaying, even the condition is true.
Behaviour is expected and as per design changes introduced under PRPC 6.3. User in this case has upgraded from PRPC 6.1 SP2 to Pega 7.1.6. The changes to client side were not intentional and client side such expressions are never supported. It was earlier evaluated on the server side, so changing this will not have any impact.
Provided HFIX-20769 which disables run on client as it is not supported client side.
Provided HFIX-20598 in which single quote were removed on Save of the Section so that the when conditions evaluation works as expected.
Published January 31, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.