Local actions and Buttons are not working in the application
User is having issues in the Internet Application Composer (IAC) for PRPC 6.2 SP2 the local action and Buttons are not working on the IAC portal and below occurs.
1. Script error : Access is denied
2. Object doesn't support property or method '_init error'
3. Cross-Origin Request Blocked : Access-Control-Allow-origin
Steps to Reproduce
1. Log into GPC Application.
2. Verify the buttons and local actions.
3. Observe that the Local actions and buttons are not working.
A backwards compatibility defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules, the base HTML file is added with <!Doctype HTML> tag that runs in only ‘Standard’ mode. User tried with following metatag to Emulate browser mode Internet Explorer 8:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8">
However adding the meta tag did not help since ‘Doctype’ tag is taking precedence as ‘Standard’ mode.
Standard mode is not supported for 6.x versions of PRPC, one must upgrade to Pega 7 release to make the Pega web mashup work in standard mode. Refer to below PDN article to know more about browser compatibility: