Localization Wizard imports corrupted Japanese characters
When importing Japanese translated paragraph rules using the Localization Wizard, the resulting paragraph rules contain corrupted / wrongly encoded characters.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a paragraph rule in the application.
- Run the Localization Wizard.
- Provide a translation for the paragraph rule in the external "Translation.html" file.
- Encode the "Translation.html" file in a non UTF-8 encoding (such as USC-2 Big Endian).
- Import the translation package back into the Localization Wizard.
The Localization Wizard requires UTF-8 encoding.
Ensure that the encoding of the "Translation.html" files generated for paragraph rules is set to UTF-8. e.g. If you use the Notepad++ editor to provide translation, refer to the below for the UTF-8 setting.
0% found this useful