Lucene Search cannot display Embedded page properties
Search results display properties for top-level page properties only. No properties for embedded pages are displayed. Embedded page properties were added to the pySearchModel Data Transform and the Report Definition without error. However, these embedded page properties are not fetched with the other search result fields.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create pySearchModel on required Work Class with the required properties to be displayed.
- Create a Report Definition on the required Work Class.
- Run indexing on the Work class.
- Run pxRetrieveSearchData with the newly created report name and any value on the case(s) being searched for.
Here is the explanation for the behavior reported by this Pega 7.1.7 case.
For releases prior to Pega 7.2, embedded properties cannot be referenced and displayed for Search.
If you are using a release prior to Pega 7.2, perform the following local-change to create the Report Definition with these restrictions:
- It must be a list-type report.
- Only top-level properties within the primary class of the report can be referenced.
- No class joins, subreports, or SQL functions can be referenced.
- The search string itself must be passed as a parameter to pxRetrieveSearchData.
Other conditions such as how recently the item was updated, who created it, and so on, can be specified as filter conditions in the Report Definition.
If you update or upgrade to Pega 7.2, refer to these Help topics:
If you update or upgrade to Pega 7.3, refer to this Help topic and its related topics:
100% found this useful