Modal Flow Action hangs on submit
When a Local Modal Flow Action is defined with a Repeat Grid and Expandable Rows are defined with the “Enable displaying details on multiple rows” flag checked off, the modal flow action will hang after submitting, if there is a validation message.
Steps to Reproduce
- In the PegaSample-Task class, create a Section Rule with a Repeating Grid which references a pagelist
- On the Operations tab, set the “Display of Details” to “Expandable Rows”
- Add a flow action to display in the expandable row. This should contain editable properties in the pagelist.
- Ensure that the “Enable displaying details on multiple rows” flag is checked off
- Create a Local Flow Action to contain the section created in Step 1
- Add a simple validation rule to the Flow action, e.g. pagelist input field must not be blank
- In a General Task section rule, create a Link which runs a Local Modal Flow action to reference the rule created in the previous step.
- Use “Create“ menu and select Case/General Task
- On New Harness click the “Open Local Modal Action” link
- On modal popup, click “Add Item” and then submit without entering any data. This should result in an error
- Click on the blank first row of grid to expand and enter some data
- Submit the screen again and observe that the Modal Action is no longer responsive and the submit does not happen
This issue is due to the nested flow action. When a nested flow action is opened properties in "newModalPage" are overridden. This is a known product limitation.
An enhancement request has been created for consideration by Pega Product Management.
A local change is to check the "Enable displaying details on multiple rows” flag
0% found this useful