New line characters are introduced when using TextArea control
New line characters are introduced when using the TextArea control. This results in storage issues in the database.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to the application
- Create a TextArea control
- Enter data in multiple lines
A software use or operation error.
ResolutionPerform the one of the following local-changes:
- Replace the TextArea control with a TextInput control. The TextInput control prevents the user from entering multiple lines so your expected format of text will be stored.
- Use the following string function to replace the line breaks (\n) with the preferred string:
a. Create a data transform
b. Set the .Desription1 property with the string function as @String.replaceAll(.Description1,"\n","").
The .myTextArea is text property which is equal to .Description1 in the use case
c. Use the data tansform or function to format the string in the application
0% found this useful