No stream display message while accessing application using IE11
User is working on Pega7 upgrade. When they are trying to open their old portal, they are getting "No stream display" on the screen. Also they are unable to open their portals in IE 11 document mode as 'Edge'.
'Use a modern browser' and 'No stream display'
Steps to Reproduce
Launch the portal in IE 11
User has not upgraded their portals from fixed to composite portals.
Use the below Local-Change:
1. Upgrade portals from fixed to composite portals.
2. Need to change the IE's document mode to 'Edge' in the following ways:
- When using IE compatibility mode, ensure the harness is configured to be rendered in ‘Standards’ mode. When compatibility is turned ‘ON’, the document mode gets defaulted to ‘Quirks’. To prevent this from happening, open the harness rule -> Advanced tab -> IE document mode -> Choose ‘Other’ and give the value as IE=Edge.
Important Note: This setting did not become available until 7.1.6. It was there in prior MLs, but hidden behind a when rule named ‘pyShowMetaConfig’:
Another fact to remember is that even if you toggle the when rule it so that your harness has this new option, it was not fully implemented.
1) Create a copy of ‘When’ rule ‘pyShowMetaConfig’ in your custom ruleset using the same class and name as the original.
2) Update the custom ‘When’ rule to return ‘true’
3) Save the ‘When’ rule following this update.
4) Open each harness rule used in the system.
5) Go to the “Advanced tab” - A new option area will be available – “IE document mode”.
6) Select the “Other” radio button and enter “IE=Edge” to set the comparability mode.
7) Save the Harness instance and repeat this update for each harness used in the application.
- An alternative approach for the above work around is to save ‘pyMetaTag’ in application RuleSet and modify it as shown below
Published February 27, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.