Obj-Browse Incorrect Behavior
On using the Obj-Browse method and passing the ObjClass parameter as a reference rather than a literal value, the Pega application runs a browse to determine which properties to include in the Select statement that is limited to 50 results.
As Skims are performed throughout the life of the application, copies of properties are created in the newer ruleset versions. As a result, more than 50 properties are found in the various versions. Pega does not always return all the properties which results in inconsistency and incorrect fields being returned.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a class mapped to an external table.
- Create 11 exposed properties.
- Perform five major Skims.
- Add a new property to the class.
- Write an activity that performs an Obj-Browse for the class.
- Pass the ObjClass parameter as a reference to Local Value or Parameter.
- Execute the activity and perform a Trace. Pega application runs a query before the Obj-Browse for the pr4_rule_property table with a limit of 50 records returned.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
The limit of 50 results prevented the retrieval of the correct property.
This feature is implemented in Pega Platform 8.1.8.
0% found this useful