Operator availability not working when set from Manager portal
The Operator availability functionality is not working when set from the Manager Portal.
The 'Default to assignee' value is not persisted so cases are not being routed to the substitute Operator.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open the Case Manager portal.
- Click on the Operator menu and select Availability.
- Enter the dates when the user will be unavailable.
- Select 'Operator' as the 'Substitute Operator type'.
- Provide the value for 'Default to assignee'.
- Submit the modal dialog.
- Open the Availability modal dialog again and see there is no value for 'Default to assignee' even though it was entered previously.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules
The code has been refactored in Pega 7.2 so the issue no longer exists in the later versions.
Use the following local change to address the issue in Pega 7.1.8:
- Override the section Data-Admin-Operator-ID.pySubstituteDetails and replace .pySubstituteOperator for operator substitute with .pyTempText.
- Override the activity Data-Portal.pySaveOperatorAvailability and add a new first step with:
- Step page as CurOperator
- A precondition as "@String.equals(.pySubstituteType,"Operator")". When true, choose 'Continue Whens'; when false, choose 'Skip Step'.
- A Property-Set where .pySubstituteOperator = .pyTempText
Here are screen shots of the modified rules: