Operator validation error on open
Administrator experiences an issue in Pega 7.1.7 where an existing operator record cannot be opened in the developer portal due to a validation error. This is due to the fact the operator is associated with a division record which has been deleted. The error message does not accurately reflect the nature of the problem however.
The administrator cannot fix the operator record issue because they are unable to open operator record due to the error.
Unable to open instance - Possible causes may be (1) Rule may no longer exist. (2) Availability of the rule may be set to No/Draft, Blocked or Withdrawn. (3) Circumstance of the rule may be preventing access. (4) Current date is not within the date range specified in the rule.
Note: none of these is the actual reason why the rule could not be opened.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a test division.
- Create a temp operator and assign it to the test division.
- Delete the test division through an activity (attempting to delete it directly will give a validation message unless there are no operators associated with it).
- Try to open the temp operator record.
The root cause of this problem is a defect in Pegasystems’ code/rules.
This is due to the fact the operator is associated with a division record which has been deleted.
While there are validation checks associated with deleting organizational units and divisions that safeguard against deletion, it is still possible to delete a non-empty division directly. When this occurs, the operator ruleform cannot be opened since it is in an invalid state.
This issue is scheduled to be resolved in update release Pega 7.1.8.
A Local-change can be performed to address the issue if it occurs:
- Recreate the missing organizational unit or division
- Modify the operator record and assign it to another organizational unit or division.
- Delete the organizational unit or division.
0% found this useful