Optional element without values is appended to SOAP connector
An XML element which is optional and not populated on clipboard is added to the request when sent through SOAP connector.
As per the XML steam rule, the property is optional. But when the SOAP request Message is produced, after validating against the WSDL, the property is appended automatically to the request which is not expected.
This behavior persists even after HFix-22969 has been installed.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Run the SOAP connector rule with valid parameters.
2. Do not set a value for the optional element.
3. Verify the property does not exist on request parameter.
4. After the SOAP request message is validated against the WSDL definition, review the message. The property has been added to the message but with a blank value.
HFix-22969 changes the generation of the XML Stream rules. However, an additional necessary step was not described.
The additional steps described in Support Article SA-12191 (http://pdn.pega.com/node/320041) needs to be performed.
After creating the DSS, perform one among the below two actions:
- XML Stream rules (generated before applying the HFix) should be re-saved.
- XML Stream rules should be re-generated (using Connector & Metadata Accelerator)
To resolve the issue, regenerate the XML Stream rules generated before applying HFix-22969 by re-saving them.
Published August 27, 2015 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.