PDF is distorted on RTE while using Japanese text
PDF is distorted on the Rich Text Editor (RTE). User generates PDF for case details. The case details has the RTE. The user copies the text from the Excel sheet and pastes it on the RTE. However, the PDF gets distorted while generating it. The actual Japanese text is replaced by special characters.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a case with sections with RTEs
- Copy the text from the Excel and paste it on RTE
- Generate a PDF for the case
An issue in the custom application code or rules. When the user copies the text from the Excel, the Microsoft application adds the default Japanese text Microsoft Yahei. When a PDF is generated, the PD4ML tool searches for the font family in the server. However, the font family is not present in the server. Hence, the PD4ML tool is unable to understand the characters and it returns some unique characters.
Perform the following local-change:
- Include the font in the server by creating a new folder, Fonts
- Set the Font Directory property
- Invoke the HTMLToPDF activity
- Include the font family in the HTML rule that is passed as a stream to the HTMLToPDF activity
0% found this useful