PDF file generated from RD cannot display Thai language
SummaryUser complains that the PDF file generated from Report Definition displayed Thai language incorrectly with Pega 7.2.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a DataType which includes Thai Fonts in the records.
- Map the Report definition with RD
- Enable extra actions in the RD configuration
- Run the Report definition and export to PDF.
- Notice, Thai font is shown as "????" in PDF.
Root CauseAs identified the root cause, Thai font is not available in the application server font folder.
ResolutionInclude Thai language font with UTF-8 charcset in the application font folder and map the address to pdfFontDirectory in "pyPDFSettings" activity.
Published May 29, 2017 - Updated July 5, 2017