Pre-Chat answers do not display for the first Chat request
On adding Pre-Chat answers to the Chat header in the Interaction portal in the Employee Information section, the answers do not display for the first Chat request after logging into the application. However, the answers display correctly in the subsequent Chat requests.
Steps to Reproduce
- Launch the Interaction Portal.
- Connect to the Chat queue.
- Initiate a Chat request by passing the Pre-chat answers in preChatAnswers field.
- Accept the incoming Chat request. Verify the Employee Information in the chat header.
This behavior is as per Pega product design.
The ChatInitiatorDetails page is created and loaded in the GetChatInitiationDetails activity which executes on the PS1_TABTHREAD1 thread. However, the CSInteractionHeaderCustomerSummary section is loaded on OpenPortal thread. The Named pages are thread level pages and cannot be used when thread is switched.
Perform either of the following local-changes:
- Create a Requestor level data page with Interaction ID as a parameter.
- Populate data in the data page.
- Refer the data page in the section to display Employee Information.
- Save the Pre-Chat answers related properties to the D_Interaction data page.
- Use the data page to display the Employee Information.
0% found this useful